Saturday, September 29, 2012

Planning the Edits

Just checking in.  I've been taking new pictures but haven't gotten to them to look at yet.  There are a couple tabs here to check.  A Little of This... is the tab for graphics made from photos.  A Little of That... is the tab for graphics made from scratch.  Graphics are fun, but the photography is what I want to focus most on.  Until I can get somewhere to do more with that, graphics works for now.  In the meantime, here are some of the new shots I still need to work on...

With this first one of the CD's on the shelf, I was thinking about the color combinations and lines and what this might turn into as graphics.  This is only part of my CD collection, not to mention all the vinyl record albums and cassette tapes I have.  But with just this much in view, what do you think of my musical tastes???  

Wouldn't you know that I could not let some of these go without trying some editing yet tonight?  After several different filtering effects, this is what I came up with for the CD's on the shelf.  You can almost still read some of the words.  But at least you can get some idea of how a photo gets turned into a graphic design.



Well, I did take the time to edit this picture of the sidewalk chalk just a bit to make it more what I am looking for.  I like this as it is.  But as a graphic design possibility, the colors and shapes offer a lot to work with.  This was originally photographed in the box and at a diagonal with much of the box sides showing as shown below this one.  




This picture of the tree branches, leaves, and sky will most likely be something I experiment with to see what I can do with light and color.  I doubt this will become one of the graphic designs other than to see what filter effects I can use in just changing colors, etc.


Oh okay, I just had to do it before I closed for the night...
I was hoping to get more color into the sky, but so far all I did was make the leaves more like autumn.  This is a walnut tree and the leaves mostly go yellow.  I made them orange and red.  The sky, however, ended up white/gray.  At one point I had them lavender.  I can see from all the experimenting I have been doing how sci-fi shows such as Stargate SG1 made such bright and colorful landscapes for the different planets they visited.

I couldn't resist so here is the lavender/pink one and also one I did in blue.




Another photo of the box of sidewalk chalk.  This one turned out somewhat blurry but should work out in making designs since there is so much color to work with here.  One of the reasons I took pictures of the sidewalk chalk (and may still take more pictures) is that I'm finding it difficult to come up with graphic designs that might appeal to children, especially if used for gift wrap, or scrapbooking pages, etc.  Designing what I think girls would like vs what boys might like is difficult too.  Maybe that's because I am female and it could be just naturally easier for me to do. 

I guess that gives you a little look inside my mind at how I think when I put some of these things together.  If you look on the first blog which I still work with, you can see more of the newer editing I have been doing just experimenting with color and light.  I'm learning as I go along and sharing what I learn here too.  Check it out at http://capiraniphotography.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment