Friday, June 20, 2014

Using Extension Tubes Instead of Macro Lenses

Oooops!  I sadly allowed this blog to go unused for too long.  If you have been keeping up with the main photography blog, you will see that I have been using extension tubes for macro photography.  Currently, getting a good macro lens is outside of my budget, however, I found a great deal on a set of 5 extension tubes from Amazon last month.  I've been trying them out on quite a few different items to see how they work.  Everything from peonies to marbles to aquarium gravel and more.  While I've posted quite a few of the results on the other blog, here are some results from this week.  Many of these might end up being turned into graphic designs as well.  One of the interesting things I did by accident this week was to create some colorful bokah with light reflecting onto the items I was photographing.  The results of that turned out to be photos that could easily become beautiful backgrounds for websites, or desktop wallpaper, etc.  I can't wait to start working with these photos to see what I come up with.  In the meantime, here are some of the best shots I got today.  I really love the colors.














No comments:

Post a Comment