Friday, June 20, 2014

Abstract Photography

Well who knew?  Not me, obviously.  I was totally clueless as to what to call what I do with photos when I turn them into graphic designs.  Actually, I knew that graphic design was not really what I wanted to say, but didn't know what else to call it.  Then after I borrowed a beautiful flower photo from a friend and turned it into graphic design, my friend called it abstract photography.  It still took me a few days to realize that abstract art is not limited to painting.  Today I began my research into abstract photography and have concluded that this is what I do.  It's so nice to finally put a name one of my favorite things to do in photographic art.

Here are some great links about abstract photography.

Definition: Abstract Photography

40 Astounding Examples of Abstract Photography

What is Abstract Photography? Abstract Photo Art of Jonathan Steele

Artspan Portal: Abstract Photography--Introduction to Abstract Photography


Abstract Photography--Definition and Examples


Abstract Images: How to Make Striking Contemporary Art With Your Camera

Abstract Photography on Facebook

36 Brilliant Examples of Abstract Photography

There are so many, many websites out there devoted to abstract photography, but these should be enough to get you started.  I don't know anyone else personally who really enjoys abstract photography other than my granddaughter who joins me in this process.  However, I hope that you will take a look at these links, and also at my own attempts at abstract photography.  I guess I will have to change my tabs on both of my photography blogs now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment