Monday, June 29, 2015

What to Do With This Blog?

Okay, what am I going to do with this blog?  Here it sits, lonely and forlorn, neglected by the blogger.  I've let it slip past me for over a year and that is a problem.  The problem for me is that I am wearing myself too thin for posting regularity anywhere.  Some things get priority and my blogs seem to continually take last place.  Oh believe me, I have others that are even more neglected than this one.  Believe it or not, I have another place, maybe two, where I could start all over.  I've thought about starting all over with this blog and my original photography blog.  But, I just don't want to lose the information I've posted on both of these over the years.

The reason I started this blog was because I believed that the original Capirani Photography blog was getting too full of photographs and graphics.  Honestly I started both of these blogs back in the day when I was just beginning to experiment with altering my photographs into something totally different.  I had no clue back then just what I had going.  Now for the past year I have been represented by Xanadu Gallery in their online gallery and have had my own domain name and website.  I like finally having my own domain name.  But what I don't like is having myself spread out over so many different locations.  I mean there are these two blogs, Xanadu, Flickr, and now Fine Art America/Pixels.com  Even Fine Art America is gradually transferring parts, if not all, of its operation over to Pixels.com.  There is a lot of thinking to do about everything that has happened in the past year and where I want to go from here.  I can't help but think that it would be much more efficient to have everything I possibly can in just one or two locations.  Obviously, gallery representation will remain separate, and could grow to multiple galleries the more I work on getting my work out into the public eye.  Fine Art America/Pixels.com offers blog space there as well.  And the good thing about them is that they will post directly to Twitter and Facebook automatically whenever I upload photos.  I will have to check whether or not they do the same with blog posts.  It saves so much time. 

On Twitter I am now connecting with interior design firms, paper making firms, and fabric making firms.  So many of my designs are more than just wall art.  Many of them would make excellent gift wrap, and others would make fabric designs that would make beautiful clothing, or even upholstery fabric.  I am only now starting this process of connection and looking for other ideas as well.  This is a big learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment